Friday, May 25, 2012

30 Days of Yes - Is 30 Days of Yes Some Sort of "Your Life Will Be Perfect in 30 Days" Scam?

I'm now almost half way through this 30 Days of Yes challenge. It's supposed to help me make my life better. So far, I have not been forgiven my debts, I have not received an unexpected windfall, and I have not been offered the mother of all jobs. Is this a scam? I quit!

No, I'm not going to quit. There's no promise that if you do all the activities in 30 days your life will make a complete turnaround. That's not what this is about. The way I'm feeling is what I'm supposed to feel. At least that's the way I feel about this and that's why I'm not giving up.

The beginning of anything is always the toughest. Doctors will tell you that you will probably feel the most pain right before the healing process begins. Fitness trainers will tell you that you will feel pain in the beginning of your new workout regiment. Mostly everything we do that has a tinge of challenge in it will have some sort of discomfort at the start.

As I go through these activities I am beginning to see that it's all about what we experience and learn from the activities itself as opposed to "doing" the activity. The activity makes us think. For instance, I am learning to identify what keeps me from expressing gratitude, being one with nature, listening in silence, forgiving, following my passion and desired purpose, or what inspires me to express gratitude, be one with nature, listen in silence, forgive and follow my passion and desired purpose.

I'm starting to figure out what "Yes" truly means. "Yes" doesn't mean, I will do anything, or "yes sir, yes mam." To me, "Yes" is looking at all the reasons why you can do what you want to do or you are driven to do instead of coming up with reasons why we can't accomplish something or overcome an obstacle.

How many of us don't do something for the simple reason of outlining the reasons why we can't accomplish that goal or dream? I'm raising my hand. We often decide our fate before we even begin. Most people who achieve their goals and realize their dreams say "yes" to the challenge and "no" to the obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment